- To bring together emerging leaders who represent a broad spectrum of professional, personal, and geographic diversity.
- To give these individuals knowledge of significant state issues on a level and to a degree that they would not otherwise have had.
- To heighten their awareness and sensitivity through fresh insight and broadened perspectives.
- To develop a core of knowledgeable, dedicated, and motivated individuals who will undertake a variety of leadership responsibilities.
- To build a statewide network of alumni and establish linkages that will contribute to improved communications and a greater understanding of and involvement in critical issues.
Preparing Leaders to Move West Virginia Forward
Why does this program exist?
Leadership West Virginia pursues the following objectives to develop a new generation of leaders:
Today, LWV has a statewide network of more than 1,400 alumni across the state. Many are actively involved in the program and their communities with the mission to find solutions that will aid West Virginia’s future growth and prosperity.