Participation in Leadership West Virginia is determined by a competitive application process with the number of applicants exceeding the number of available openings. A selection committee of members of the board of directors reviews all Leadership West Virginia applications.
Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated history of:
- Senior-level leadership in an organization or companies with proven reliability
- Positions with a company or an organization which show a progression toward leadership or management
- Significant achievement or accomplishments in career and community service
- Involvement in community, civic activities, government, volunteer service, etc.
- Sincere concern about the future of West Virginia and a personal commitment to help shape its future.
- Additional consideration will be given to graduates of local-based leadership programs