Participation in Leadership West Virginia is determined by a competitive application process with the number of applicants exceeding the number of available openings. A selection committee of members of the board of directors reviews all Leadership West Virginia applications.
Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated history of:
- Senior-level leadership in an organization or companies with proven reliability
- Positions with a company or an organization which show a progression toward leadership or management
- Significant achievement or accomplishments in career and community service
- Involvement in community, civic activities, government, volunteer service, etc.
- Sincere concern about the future of West Virginia and a personal commitment to help shape its future.
- Additional consideration will be given to graduates of local-based leadership programs
Who Do We Accept?
Application are closed for the 2022 year. Applications will open again for 2023 this summer.
Ready to start your application? Select an option below to begin the application process. View a sample application here.
If you’ve previously started an application you can return to make modifications or complete portions. Simply login and load your previously saved application version, then navigate to the tab where you left off.
Support from Employer
The orientation session is mandatory and attendance to six out of seven sessions in order to graduate.