“Due to health concerns created by the COVID-19 pandemic, we postponed the class of 2020 to 2021. We will not be accepting any new applications for the class year of 2021. We will open applications for the class of 2022 in late 2021.”
Participation in Leadership West Virginia is determined by a competitive application process with the number of applicants exceeding the number of available openings. A selection committee of members of the board of directors reviews all Leadership West Virginia applications.
Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated history of:
- Senior-level leadership in an organization or companies with proven reliability
- Positions with a company or an organization which show a progression toward leadership or management
- Significant achievement or accomplishments in career and community service
- Involvement in community, civic activities, government, volunteer service, etc.
- Sincere concern about the future of West Virginia and a personal commitment to help shape its future.
- Additional consideration will be given to graduates of local-based leadership programs
Leadership West Virginia also seeks to have class diversity among all ethnic groups, ages, genders, professions, backgrounds, and geographic areas of the state.
You can create a new application if you have not already started one. View a sample application here.
If you have started an application you can return to make modifications or complete portions.
If accepted into the Leadership West Virginia Program, you will be billed for the tuition fee of $3,000. The fee covers costs for all required program events EXCLUDING lodging, transportation, and meals en route. Tuition is non-refundable.
The orientation session is mandatory and attendance to seven out of eight sessions in order to graduate.