Participation in Leadership West Virginia is determined by a competitive application process with the number of applicants exceeding the number of available openings. A selection committee of members of the board of directors reviews all Leadership West Virginia applications.
Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated history of:
- Senior-level leadership in an organization or companies with proven reliability.
- Positions with a company or an organization which show a progression toward leadership or management.
- Significant achievement or accomplishments in career and community service.
- Involvement in community, civic activities, government, volunteer service, etc.
- Sincere concern about the future of West Virginia and a personal commitment to help shape its future.
- Additional consideration will be given to graduates of local-based leadership programs.
Who Do We Accept?
Leadership West Virginia also seeks to have class diversity among all ethnic groups, ages, genders, professions, backgrounds, and geographic areas of the state.
Application nominations are closed for the class of 2023. Nominations will open again this coming summer for the class of 2024.
Applications for the class of 2023 are now being accepted
Ready to start your application? Select an option below to begin the application process.
If you’ve previously started an application you can return to make modifications or complete portions. Simply login and load your previously saved application version, then navigate to the tab where you left off.
If accepted into the Leadership West Virginia Program, you will be billed for the tuition fee of $3,300. The fee covers costs for all required program events EXCLUDING lodging, transportation, and meals en route. Tuition is non-refundable.
The orientation session is mandatory. Candidates must attend six out of seven sessions to graduate.