Do you have an idea to overcome one of the challenges faced by the Mountain State? What are our opportunities? Has being a part of LWV encouraged you to be more aware of statewide issues and foster a desire to make a difference? Share your solutions as part of the Leadership West Virginia Forum of Ideas scheduled for April 20, 2017 in partnership with the Community Leadership Academy.
The Leadership West Virginia Forum of Ideas is a showcase of ideas that can move West Virginia forward. Approximately, four to six participants will be selected to present their ideas to a statewide audience composed of the current Leadership West Virginia class, Leadership West Virginia Alumni, Community Leadership Academy participants and special guests. Ultimately, one idea will be selected as the winner by the audience, but it is hoped that all of the ideas will become reality with the help of our audience and friends of Leadership West Virginia.
How Does it Work:
In this initial phase of planning, we are asking interested participants to submit a pre-proposal by October 31, 2016.
- A participant must be a LWV graduate, current LWV class member or be sponsored by at least two LWV graduates. A sponsored participant can be a student or individual outside of LWV. A group of people may be a “participant.”
- An LWV graduate may submit only one application, but he or she may participate in more than one participant group as long as the proposals are uniquely different.
- Applicants in Round 1 will submit the following information before October 31, 2016:
- The names and email addresses of all people developing their idea and/or sponsors of their ideas.
- An idea title (No more than 10 words)
- A short summary (approximately 300 words or less) of the idea and how it will benefit West Virginia. Please note that all information submitted may be publicly disseminated.
COMPETITION WINNERS WILL RECEIVE STATEWIDE PRESS ATTENTION, AN OPPORTUNITY TO DEVELOP THEIR IDEA WITH A GROUP OF EXPERTS, AND RECEIVE A MONETARY AWARD.
Email submissions to Kate Reed. For additional rules and criteria for submissions, please click here.